Useful Podcasts for Australian Writers
Podcasts can be a great resource and energiser for writers and self-publishers. You’ll find different ones suit the different stages of your development as an author, and can also be beneficial for your author business. Not all will suit your style, but when you find the ones that do, podcasts make a great companion while exercising, doing chores and driving.
Here are some podcasts for authors that I’ve benefitted from over the years.
Australian podcasts for writers, authors and self-publishers
- Words and Nerds podcast with Dani Vee
- So You Want to be A Writer podcast with Allison Tait and Valerie Khoo
- The First Time Podcast with Katherine Collett and Kate Mildenhall
- Talking Aussie Books podcast (fiction focus) with Claudine Tinellis
- Conversations catch up on all these great ABC Radio author interviews
- Writes4Women podcast with Pamela Cook
- Her Empire Builder podcast with Tina Tower (this is great if you want to take your IP and book to the next level by running an online course)
International podcasts for writers, authors and self-publishers
- The ALLi Self-publishing Advice Podcast with Orna Ross and ALLi team members
- The Creative Penn podcast with Joanna Penn
- Reedsy Bestseller Podcast
- The Book Marketing Show podcast, with Dave Chesson from Kindlepreneur
- The Self-Publishing Show Podcast with Mark Dawson and James Blatch
- The Publishing Profits Podcast Show with Tom Corson-Knowles
- The Sell More Books Show, hosted by Bryan Cohen and H. Claire Taylor.