Authors & Publishers: How to Reach More Readers for Your Books #selfpubcon
What are some of the best ways to:
- market and drive sales of your book
- reach new readers
- improve your author brand
- make the most of social media for authors (Booktok, AuthorTube, Bookstagram, AuthorTwitter etc)
- collaborate with other authors
- and give your writing and book the best chance of market success?
Dive into the Self Publishing Advice Conference – 24 sessions over 24 hours – to find out. This book marketing conference has great tips and tactics from the best in the writing and book marketing business from across Australia, the US, UK and all corners of the globe (think people like Jane Friedman, Orna Ross and social media experts for starters). These tips will help indie authors as well as traditionally-published authors understand readers, the publishing industry and book marketing.
Sure…we all just want to write books – but if we want people to read them, we need to let readers know our books exist. That’s why you need this writers’ conference.
SelfPubCon22 is available for viewing, live and FREE, using this link
- Sat 29 Oct starting at 8pm AEST time for 24 hours
- Sat 29 Oct 10am UK time for 24 hours
- Sat 29 Oct 5am Washington DC USA for 24 hours
But, if you miss/missed the live conference, or don’t want to cram all the info over 24 hours, you don’t need to miss out. At any time, you can purchase a paid all-access pass to #SelfPubCon. This will allow you to enrich yourself from all the content (and from previous #selfpubcon conferences), at a time that suits you.
Yes, there are lots of courses, resources, and virtual summits out there for writers, but #SelfPubCon was one of the very first (premiering in 2013 as IndieReCon). It is still the premier self-publishing summit, backed by its association with the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi).
These aren’t my words, but I wholeheartedly agree: #SelfPubCon is exceptional and always one step ahead. Plus, it’s not just about what you have to do. It also cuts through everything you DON’T need to know or do.
There is some really great advice being shared at #SelfPubCon22, including a panel of Australian authors discussing book marketing ideas and how to reach readers of non-fiction, cosy fiction, rural fiction and children’s books. It’s chaired by me, author Anna Featherstone, and features Australian author panellists including New York Times bestselling author Adam Wallace, as well as the amazing and engaging Annie Seaton and Phillipa Nefri Clark.
They share some fabulous advice for not just debut authors, but experienced authors and self-publishers too.
If you need writing, book marketing, author business and publishing advice, here are some of the topics you can access through Self Publishing Advice Conference 2022. Some of the highlights include:
- Author marketing mistakes and how to avoid them, the principles of author collaboration and how indie authors can run effective group promotions.
- Tips and tricks to reach readers and build a following when you don’t already have name recognition, a large mailing list, or a great social media following.
- Social Media for Authors.
- Creative book marketing that draws on the mission and passion that fires your writing.
- How indie authors can drive more sales and reach more readers via Amazon KDP.
- How to commission book translations to reach more readers around the world.
- The Dos and Don’ts of Starting an AuthorTube Channel.
- How authors can to reach more readers in Australian and New Zealand.
- Learn about free and paid tools to help you better understand your target readership as well as how to find influencers to help promote your book. This session is with Jane Friedman.
- How to reach more reader with BookTok.
There are so many reasons for writers, no matter the stage you’re at, to attend Self Publishing Conference 2022. It’s a huge credit to Orna Ross, Kayleigh and team. Enjoy it FREE AND LIVE or grab yourself an all access pass
Why do I care?
- Attending Self Publishing Advice Conferences in past years absolutely helped my author journey.
- I’m also the Australian ambassador for the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi) and have benefitted so much from my membership.
- Oh, and this year, I was invited to chair a panel of some inspirational, innovative, generous authors who know it takes all sorts of marketing efforts to get book visibility.
- I’m also proud to be spreading the word as an affiliate, because it’s important writers know that royalties aren’t the be all and end-all – there are multiple ways to earn a living from your author talents.
Affiliate Disclosure: If you do pay for an all access pass after clicking on one of my links, I may be eligible for a small payment from #SelfPubCon. This will not affect the price you pay in anyway, but will give me a little boost so I can keep on sharing writing, self-publishing and book marketing tips.
Thank you and enjoy the conference!
REGISTER HERE FOR YOUR 3 DAYS FREE ACCESS to #SelfPubCon OR purchase your PAID ALL-ACCESS PASS FOR EITHER 6 MONTHS OR LIFETIME HERE so you can enjoy all the information when it suits you.
FYI: There is also the upcoming Small Press Network’s (SPN) Independent Publishing Conference thanks to Tim Coronel and the SPN team, which will be a hybrid event out of Melbourne, Australian and online with the hashtag #IndPubCon #IndPubCon22. This will be great for Australian authors and Australian small publishers too – it really raised the stakes for me the first time I attended – so many insights. I’ll be presenting a workshop about publishing & book marketing timelines. More info on that to come.)