Presentations, Author Talks and Writing Workshops
NEED HELP WITH YOUR BOOK PROJECT?
If you are in need of a book coach or just someone to ask questions about your publishing or book marketing strategy, please get in touch.
NEED A PRESENTER?
I’m available as a panellist, presenter and workshop host. I love to entertain, inspire and inform authors, entrepreneurs, memoirists, writing groups and business and thought leaders.
Here’s what people say:
I took part in a fabulous workshop at Byron Writers Festival about the ins and outs of literary marketing (yourself and your work), by the amazing #annafeatherstonewriter of Bold Authors. Really impressed with her extensive knowledge about both the traditional and self-publishing worlds. Her generosity of spirit was delightful! I certainly came away with a full brain, much to think about in regards to my career as a writer, and a book as a great reference tool to boot! – Maggie Walters Writer
What an inspirational woman you are! Your energy and knowledge was great. – Lee Lehner, Author
Key topics include (and I can work with you on something unique for your audience):
- Marketing for Authors: How to get visibility for you and your book
- Your Pathways to Publication: Literary agents, traditional publishing, self-publishing and hybrid models
- Self-Publishing: The nitty gritty of how to do it and how to do it well
- Write Your Way to Business Growth: How to Unearth, Write and Publish Unique Content to Enhance your Business
- Writing Non-Fiction for Profit: The Business of Books
- Book Marketing & Promotion: Strategies to increase sales and build your author brand
- Get the Book That’s ‘In You’…Out of You: How to move from that first idea to first draft
- Self-Publishing for Australian Writers: The perks and the pitfalls
- Timelines to Publication: All the things you need to do in the year leading up to a book launchWHY YOU’LL BE GLAD YOU BOOKED OR CAME TO HEAR ANNA:Anna presented an online session for the Australian Society of Authors (ASA) which gave participants a huge amount of value, loads of information and lots of tips and tricks to self-publish nonfiction. The feedback was outstanding. It was fabulous working with Anna and we will definitely call on her again. A true professional.– Jodie Spiteri-James, Professional Development and Events Manager, Australian Society of Authors (ASA)
A superb, well-informed, insightful, intelligent and very entertaining presentation with excellent engagement with the audience. More please! – Attendee at Lake Macquarie Libraries Write Here! Festival
People were energised and inspired by the information you shared. – Melanie Wass, President, Port Writers.
Anna presented to around 80 of our clients on the subject: ‘Boost Your BusinessL Write Your Own Book’. She was absolutely amazing, and everyone was totally engaged throughout the session. The content was spot on, very relevant and the way she presented the information was easy to understand, and took people along on the journey. Everyone was very complimentary at the end of the workshop, and left excited about the opportunities ahead and motivated to start writing – Robyn Simon, Business Advisor, Enterprise Plus
BOOK IN FOR THESE UPCOMING WRITING PRESENTATIONS & WORKSHOPS
- See all current on-demand courses at Bold Authors
PREVIOUS WRITING WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
October 2023 – Kelly Irving’s Expert Author Academy
Weekly online sessions: Launch Camp with Anna Featherstone – Helping authors prepare for their book’s launch.
Sept 14-16 2023 – The Content Byte Summit
This event at Sydney’s Darling Harbour is for freelance writers and features some amazing speakers, sessions and panels across two days. I’ll be appearing on the Sept 16 panel with Ed Gandia, Kim Kerton and Rachel Smith of Freelance Jungle, the topic: ‘Maximising Your Impact Through Diversification: Podcasting, Self-publishing, Coaching and Courses’. You can learn more about The Content Byte Summit here.
Wednesday 15 Feb 2023 – Australian Society of Authors (ASA)
Timeline to Independent Publication. 7pm-8.45pm AEST. ASA Online event.
FRIDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2022 – Freelance Jungle
Freelance Jungle Zoom – Rebekah Lambert with Anna Featherstone on self-publishing opportunities for non-fiction writers. available for Freelance Jungle Patreon supporters.
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 26, 2022 – Small Press Network (SPN) Conference 2022
Publishing Timelines Workshop: The planning for every book should start up to a year before publication date. Anna Featherstone, the author of Look! It’s Your Book will demystify the timelines for editorial, marketing, design and production. Location: The Wheeler Centre, Melbourne and Online.
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 1, 2022
- Hawkesbury Central Library, Windsor, NSW – 10.30am-12.30pm –Your Pathway to Publication – Let’s find the right pathway to publication for you. Learn about literary agents, traditonal publishing, entering awards, literary speed dating, indie/self-publishing, hybrid publishing, book proposals and pitch letters. Whatever your idea, wherever your story is at…let’s find a way to get the best version of it into the hands of readers. We’ll talk pitfalls and possibilities. See you there, bookings via the library.
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 10, 2022
- Australian Society of Authors – 7pm-8.30pm – ONLINE EVENT: How to Successfully Self-Publish Non-Fiction. Book this writing and publishing workshop rough the ASA here.
SATURDAY JUNE 25, 2022
- Organised by Port Macquarie Writers Group – 1pm-2.30pm – Your Pathway to Publication – Pricing, RSVP & details via Port Writers
MAY 26, 2022
Hawkesbury Central Library, Windsor, NSW – 10.30am-12.30pm, Thu 26th May, 2022 – The Year You Write Your Non-Fiction Book – learn how to take your non-fiction book idea (memoir, lifestyle, self-help, business book, cookbook, reference book and more) from a thought in your head to a first draft before year end. This workshop will also suit writers who have already begun their manuscript but are getting nowhere fast. Book this workshop here.
MAY 10, 2022
- Boost Your Business – Write a Book! Online with Southern Region BEC & EnterprisePlus – How writing a book can boost you and your business…and how to do it. May 10, 2022, 10am. ONLINE EVENT.
APRIL 23, 2022
- Avid Reader Bookstore, Brisbane, QLD – Self-publishing Workshop – 10am-1pm – Sat April 23, 2022
- Writer Here! Festival, Lake Macquarie, NSW – Self-publishing presentation – Friday 18 March, 2022
- Port Macquarie Library, NSW – ‘Look – It’s Your Book!’ launch and presentation – Saturday Feb 19, 2022